During festive season we avoid onion-garlic as it is considered as tamshik (तामसिक), so I thought to remove onion and garlic from my potato cauliflower curry recipe, perplexed? It tastes amazing. Let’s learn step by step process to prepare this recipe.
Aloo Gobi Curry Recipe Without Onion And Garlic
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 2 tbsp Diced potatoes
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1 Piece Bay leaf
- 1 cup Chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 2 Pieces Black pepper seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Salt As per your taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri mirch powder
- 1 tbsp Sabji masala without onion grlic
- Heat oil in a cooker and add cumin seeds to let it splutter.
- Add bay leaf followed by chopped tomatoes.
- Add black pepper and coriander seeds.
- Add kasoori methi and stir fry it for some time.
- Add turmeric powder, kashmiri mirch powder, sabji masala powder and salt, and give it a good mix.
- Add water and coriander leaves and pressure cook it for 10 minutes with 3 whistles.
- When pressure evaporates then remove the lid and cook it just to make the gravy thick.
- Serve it hot with any main course recipes.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.