Nimki is tea time, travel and munching snack; very common recipe of an Indian kitchen. It is prepared by mixing all purpose flour (maida), kalonji, salt, celery (Ajwain) and ghee. Let’s learn how to cook this recipe.
Baked and Fried Nimkey Recipe
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 tbsp Kalonji or Mangrail, Black Caraway, Nigella,
- 1 tbsp Celery (Ajwain)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 cup Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- Take all purpose flour and add all ingredients along with 3 tbsp of vegetable oil and make a dough, let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Without adding any oil or dry flour prepare the flat bread with the help of rolling board and rolling pin as shown in the image. (Note : If dough require any dry flour or greasing then it is not properly prepared)
- Using knife form the diamond shapes as shown in the image.
- Using bottle lid form shapes as shown in the image.
- Make little thick flatbread and form the shapes as shown in the image.
- Heat a pan and add ghee or vegetable oil and fry nimkey.
- Bake half of the nimki in microwave for 20 minutes at 180 degree centigrade.
- When it turns golden brown put it on kitchen towel.
- Serve it with your favorite chutney or ketchup.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.