Kala chana chola recipe can be prepared by different techniques, I need thick gravy because it has to be served right now with dhuska recipe, so I have taken out two spoonful of brown chickpeas for gravy and rest would be used as chola. This recipe is famous in Indian subcontinents, let’s learn how to cook brown chickpeas chola curry recipe.
Brown Chickpea (Kala Chana) Chola Curry Recipe
- 1 cup Overnight soaked Brown Chickpeas
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Chopped Green chili
- 1 tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 7 tbsp Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Pieces Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Chole Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil/Clarified Butter
- 1 cup Boiled Potatoes
- Wash overnight soaked brown chickpeas.
- Take a grinding jar and add chopped tomatoes, garlic cloves, Green chili, onion slices, ginger and 2 tbsp of brown chickpeas.
- Take the ingredients as shown in the image.
- In a pressure cooker add cumin seeds and bay leaf and let it roast, add mustard oil followed by chopped onion and cook it unless its rawness gets removed.
- Add grind soaked brown chickpeas and boiled potatoes which is broken with hands, and cook it for some more time.
- Add grind ingredients and mix it, cook it for some more time by stirring.
- Add all the spices and keep stirring.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook on high flame and after first whistle lower the flame.
- Cook it unless 3 whistle and as per your won cooking patter. Serve it hot with either boiled rice, chapatis or dhuska.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.