Chow mein which is very common street food of India, originally belongs to the people of Taishan, a city located in the South west of Jiangmen in the province of Guangdong China. It is basically fried noodles with concoction of vegetables. Generally as per the taste and flavor people adds or removes the ingredients for instance in Hong Kong people generally cook this recipe very crispy, but as we know the saying that water and language changes its test and verdicts after every mile, so does the flavor and aroma of food.
Watch Vegetable Noodles | Chow mein on YouTube
Chowmein (Noodles) Recipe
- 1 cup Raw Chow mein
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Grated Carrot
- 1/2 cup Sliced capsicum
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Chopped Green chili
- 1 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Noodles masala (Ching's) Optional
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chilli or tomato sauce Add during serving
- Boil water in a container by adding oil into it.
- When water starts to boil add noodles.
- Boil it for some time.
- Strain the water and wash it with cold water, add a tsp of oil, salt and black pepper.
- Mix them well.
- Take all the ingredients as shown in the image.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger.
- Add onion and let it turn translucent.
- Add cabbage and stir fry it.
- Add capsicum in the pan and cook them all together.
- Add grated carrot in the pan and stir fry them.
- Add salt into the pan.
- Add noodles and stir fry them together.
- Add vinegar into the pan.
- Add soy sauce into the pan and give it a good mix.
- Add noodles masala if you want.
- Serve it along with tomato sauce and chilli sauce.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.