Dosa is very famous cuisine of South India, there are several variations of this recipe present these days, but basic is always appreciated. Dosa is famous all over the world due to its delicious appeal. People prefer this recipe common in Southern parts of India but in other parts of India it is famous street food and generally finding it difficult to cook at home. But here I will suggest how one can cook this recipe at home very easily.
- 1 cup Batter of soaked rice and lentils
- 1/2 cup Boiled Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Salt As per your taste
- 2 tbsp Chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Chopped Spring Onion It is optional
- 1 tbsp Chopped Green chili
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Degi Mirch / Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves
For Dosa Filling
- In a pan roast peanuts with few drops of oil in it.
- In the same pan add black mustard seeds and let it temper.
- Add chopped onion, spring onion, ginger garlic paste, chopped tomatoes and chopped green chilies let them cook for few minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, curry powder , roasted peanuts and salt in the pan and mix them well.
- Add boiled potatoes in the pan and mix them well, garnish them with coriander leaves and the filling is ready.
- Grease dripping pan with oil.
- Add salt in the batter and mix them well.
- Sprinkle little water and with the help of serving spoon prepare dos.
- Cover it with lid and let it cook when it will get cook, then place potato mixture in middle of dosa.
- Wrap it as shown in the image.
- Dosa is ready to be served with any of your favorite chutney or sambar.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.