Jack-fruit curry can be cooked in several ways and one can have many variations of the same recipe. This time I’ve used tomato puree along with other ingredients to make this recipe delightful. Let’s learn step by step process to prepare this recipe.
Jack fruit Curry (Different Way)
- 1 cup Boiled and sliced jack fruit
- 1 Piece Boiled potato
- 1/2 cup Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 Piece Bay leaf
- 1 Piece Big and small cardamom
- 1 Piece Dried Red Chili
- 1 Piece Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Piece Star Anise
- 3 Piece Cloves
- 2 piece Black pepper corn
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 cup Finely chopped onion, green chili and tomatoes
- 2 cup Roughly Chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri lal mirch powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Meat masala (Note: It is completely vegetarian)
- 1 tbsp Salt As per the taste
- 1 cup Tomato, garlic, ginger, green chili paste
- Take boiled and sliced potato and jack fruit.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry jack fruit unless they turns golden brown.
- Take out extra oil and just in a tsbp of oil add asafoetida, black and green cardamom, bay leaf, dried red chili, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds.
- First add chopped onion, tomato and green chili in the pan followed by roughly chopped onion.
- Add turmeric and kashmiri red chili.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala powder in the pan and mix them well.
- Add kasoori methi and meat masala powder.
- Add potato and hand fried jack fruit.
- Add salt and mix them well, then add a cup of water and mix them together.
- Add grind paste of tomato, ginger, garlic and green chili.
- Cook them for some time then switch off the flame.
- Garnish the curry with coriander leaves and serve it.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.