Water caltrop which is known as singhara or pani fal in hindi is a triangular fruit often found inside the pond of stagnant water. It is also considered as non grain and can be cooked during fast. I thought to prepare kachori with the flour of this fruit, let’s learn step by step process to prepare this recipe.
Singhare(Water Caltrop) ki Kachori Recipe
- 1 cup Singhare ka atta (Water caltrop flour)
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp Almond
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 1/2 cup Crumbled cottage cheese
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Clarified butter (Ghee)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 2 Pieces Boiled Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Rock Salt
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Take boiled potatoes, singhara flour, chopped coriander leaves and rock salt in a container and with the help of water prepare a dough.
- Dough should not be sticky, its consistency should be the same as shown in the image.
- Dry roast cashew nuts, almonds and peanuts.
- With the help of grinding jar prepare coarse powder of the roasted ingredients.
- In a pan heat a tbsp of clarified butter add cumin followed by the grind ingredients.
- Add crumbled cottage cheese in the same pan.
- When the ingredients turns golden brown add coriander leaves, black pepper powder and salt.
- Prepare the shapes as shown in the image and put the fillings.
- Cover it and similarly prepare kachori.
- Heat oil and fry them on medium to low flame.
- Serve them with your favorite chutney.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.