Split black lentils kachori is very delicious and perfect snack for festivals due to its longevity. It can be served with chole, curry or any chutney of one’s choice. I’ve used mustard oil after removing its piquancy,although it is deep fried but you will never feel heaviness in stomach or bloating. Let’s learn step by step process to prepare this recipe.
Urad (Split black lentils) kachori Recipe
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 2 cup Mustard Oil
- 3 tbsp Split white lentils (Urad lentils)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ajwain (Celery seeds)
- 1 tsp Kalonji or Mangrail, Black Caraway, Nigella,
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri mirch powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Kitchen king powder
- 1 tsp Clarified butter (Ghee)
- Take both the flours as shown in the image.
- Add salt, baking powder, ajwain (Celery seeds) and mangrail in the flour.
- Add clarified butter in the container and mix them well using both the hands so that all the ingredients imbibe butter properly.
- When dough gets binding consistency it is perfect for dough preparation.
- With the help of water prepare soft dough.
- Cover the dough with damp cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and add some cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add split white lentils in the pan along with all the spices and salt, stir fry them unless they turns golden brown.
- When it cools down, put it in a grinding jar and grind them.
- Filling is ready, you can preserve it for further use in an airtight container.
- It can be prepared in two ways, firstly take a small portion of dough and prepare a small flatbread, then place fillings and wrap it.
- In the other way prepare tiny bowl shapes as shown in the image.
- Put the fillings, and apply water on the edges then wrap it like the dumplings.
- I've used mustard oil due to its immense health benefit, although it is deep fried but you will never feel heaviness in stomach or bloating. Its acerbity can be removed through heating it on high flame, One can use any other oil as well. When piquancy of oil vanishes then lower the flame and deep fry them on slow heat.
- When it cools down then preserve it in an airtight container.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.