Appam is the traditional breakfast food of Kerala but it is famous in all over India, basically it is prepared with the ingredients like rice batter and coconut milk after fermentation, even usage of toddy is common in this recipe. But giving a twist to this recipe I have prepared the batter through overnight soaked rice and lentils, let’s learn how to cook this recipe.
- 1 cup Overnight soaked Rice
- 1/2 cup Overnight soaked Gram lentils
- 1/2 cup overnight soaked Urad lentils
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Green Chili
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Take a mixing bowl and add batter along with all the finely chopped ingredients in it.
- Mix it well and leave it for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Heat Appam tray and grease it with vegetable oil.
- With the help of spoon form the shapes as shown in the image.
- Turn it after 5 to 6 minutes so that both the sides can be cooked properly, remove it on kitchen towel and serve it with your favourite chutneys or chole.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.