In my previous post I shared the same recipe without onion and garlic link is embedded here. But today I tried the common way to prepare this recipe. Gram flour Cheela curry is a traditional recipe which is perfect choice if you are not willing to cook any vegetable. It is a combination of gram flour and several spices though which we prepare cheela, then we fold and cut them in an appropriate shapes, for gravy we use mustard paste, tomato and several spices to balance its taste. Let’s learn step by step process to prepare this recipe.
Watch Besan (Gram Flour) Cheela Curry – Fish Masala Style 🍲🐟| बेसन चीला की सब्ज़ी Recipe on Youtube
Gram flour Cheela Curry Recipe
- 1 cup Gram Flour ( Besan)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Kitchen king powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Piece Lemon
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp Chopped Green chili
- 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Amchoor Powder
- 2 piece Tomatoes
- 7 Piece Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Panch phoran
- 1 tsp Asafoetida
- Take all the ingredients as shown in the image.
- In a grinding jar add chopped tomatoes, garlic, mustard seeds, coriander seeds and green chilies and grind them.
- In a container add gram flour and add all the spices like turmeric powder, kashmiri lal mirch powder, salt, coriander powder, kitchen king masala and mix them well.
- Add water and prepare a batter of thickness of pan cake.
- Grease a griddle with mustard oil and prepare cheela.
- Wrap the cheela as shown in the image.
- Cut them using the spatula.
- Switch off the flame and put the pieces aside.
- Heat a tbsp of mustard oil in a pan and add asafoetida and panch phoran.
- Add grind ingredients in the pan.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and kashmiri lal mirch powder in the pan when spices starts to cook.
- Add amchoor powder in the pan and mix them well.
- When spices starts separating oil then add water in the pan.
- Let it boil for some time.
- Add coriander leaves in the pan.
- Add cheela pieces in the pan and switch off the flame.
- Add lemon juice in the pan.
- Sprinkle some more coriander leaves in the pan.
- Recipe is ready to be served.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.