Chickpea chola is very delicious and can be prepared though several ways. I’ve tried making this recipe with chopped ingredients and few concoction of spices to give it a traditional appearance. Let’s learn step by step process to prepare this recipe.
Watch Chickpea Curry | Kabuli Chana Chola | Dhaba Style
Kabuli Chana Chola (Chickpea) Recipe
- 1 cup Overnight soaked chickpea
- 1 cup Roughly Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Chopped Spring Onion
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt As per your taste
- 1 Piece Bay leaf
- 2 Pieces Dry red chili
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Piece Each small and big cardamom
- 4 pieces Black pepper
- 4 pieces Cloves
- 1 tbsp Chola masala powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri lal mirch
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Kasoori methi
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 Cup Finely chopped onion, tomato and green chili
- 1 tsp Finely Chopped Ginger Garlic
- Take whole night soaked chickpea and wash it properly then in a pressure cooker add the chickpea and 2 cups of water and boil it with 5 whistle.
- Heat a wok and add bay leaf, dried red chili, cardamom, black pepper, cloves.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard oil in the wok, let them splutter.
- Add chopped onion in the wok and cook them unless they turns translucent.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, onion and green chili in the same wok.
- Add chopped spring onion in the same wok.
- Add boiled chickpea in the wok and stir fry them.
- Add all the spices along with salt and stir fry them together so that all the juices get mixed together.
- Cook them together by adding 2 cups of water.
- Cover the lid and cook them for few minutes.
- keep checking in between for better consistency.
- Serve it with rice.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.