Jeera Rice is very simple recipe which is famous in north- Indian cuisines, that can be served with any curry or side dishes. Jeera/ Zeera is the hindi name for Cumin seeds and the rice dish prepared using this is known as Jeera Rice. I have not added any dry fruits or nuts, one can use nuts and dry fruits just to add extra flavor and crunch to the recipe. Smokiness in the recipe can be either added externally by emitting some smokes, but here I have used another unique method. Let’s learn step by step process to prepare this recipe.
Smokey Jeera Rice Recipe
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1 tbsp Clarified Butter
- 2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Piece Medium Sized Onion Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Chopped green chilies
- 1 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Roasted dry fruits if you wish to add I have not added them
- 1 tsp Salt As per the taste
- Heat 2 and half a cup of water in a container and add rice to boil them.
- Stain the extra water and let it cool down.
- Heat a wok and add 1 tbsp of clarified butter into it.
- Add 2 tbsp of cumin seeds into it and lower the flame so that it can bring out smokey flavor.
- Slowly cumin seeds will start spluttering and its color will change.
- Add chopped onion and green chilies, at this stage you can even add dry roasted cashew nuts or any other nuts if you are nuts lover.
- Let them turn transparent and add salt as per the taste.
- Add boiled rice which is already cooled down, as adding of hot rice will thaw out easily.
- Mix the ingredients just by slowly tossing it.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Serve it hot with any curry recipe.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.