Urad vada is known by several names, but the virtue of its taste is delightful. I’ve shared several vada recipe but this is the most basic one, as it contains very basic ingredients, moreover it is home cooked so there is no risk of any coronary disease because the passion and pure devotion while cooking removes the wrath. Let’s learn how to cook this recipe.
Urad Vada Recipe
- 1 cup Soaked split black lentils (Urad dal)
- 1 tsp Carom seeds
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tsp Salt As per your taste
- 1 cup Mustard Oil For frying
- Strain the water from overnight soaked black gram lentils.
- Grind them but do not use excess water, just 2 tbsp of water is enough.
- Batter consistency should be the same as shown in the image.
- Transfer the batter into the container, and whisk it for sometime, you can use spoon, or hand whisker.
- For testing put a small amount if batter in a container filled with water, it will start floating, which shows the batter is perfect for vada.
- Now add all the ingredients like salt, carom seeds, fenugreek leaves and coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Heat oil in a wok and add the batter with the help of spoon or hand.
- Fry them from both the sides.
- Put them out from oil.
- Vada is ready to be served.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.