Giving a twist to the recipe to make it more delightful and healthy is my passion, I thought to make this traditional tea time snack little healthy and delicious, just replacing refined flour with whole wheat flour, and adding kasoori methi (Dried Fenugreek leaves), celery seeds and kalaunji seeds to make it prolific to digest. Lat’s learn step by step process to prepare this recipe.
Whole Wheat Nimki Recipe
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour Sieve it if you want.
- 1 cup Clarified Butter (Ghee) For both frying and mixing in dough
- 1 tsp Celery Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 tsp Kalonji or Mangrail, Black Caraway, Nigella,
- 1 tbsp kastoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tsp Salt As per your taste
- Take wheat flour add celery seeds, kalonji, dried fenugreek leaves, salt and 2 tbsp of clarified butter and mix it for 10 minutes.
- When its consistency becomes the same as shown in the image then add water.
- And prepare the dough as shown in the image.
- Prepare flatbread as shown in the image. (Note: It should be in the consistency that, no oil and extra flour is required while making nimki flatbread.)
- With the help of knife make the diamond shape or whichever shapes you want.
- I am frying it in clarified butter on medium to low flame, you can either fry using any vegetable oil or bake it at 180 degree centigrade for 20 to 25 minutes.
- It should turns golden brown as shown in the image.
- Serve it with your favorite sauce or chutney.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.