Lahori paneer is very easy and delicious recipe which can be cooked during festive seasons. I have given a twist in the recipe by adding poppy seeds, let’s learn step by step process to prepare this recipe.
Lahori Paneer Curry Recipe With a Twist
- 1 cup Cottage cheese (Paneer)
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 Piece Tomato
- 1 tbsp Chopped capsicum
- 1 tbsp Chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Meat masala
- 1 tbsp kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Piece Black cardamom
- 1 piece Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Clarified butter (Ghee)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Maggie Masala Magic
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Sieve all purpose flour and add water into it along with a pinch of salt and black pepper powder. Cut cottage cheese into triangular shapes and apply meat masala and kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves).
- Dip cottage cheese into the paste of all purpose flour and water mixture.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and shallow fry cottage cheese.
- When they turn golden brown from both the sides.
- In a pan add clarified butter and let the cumin seeds splutter.
- Add cinnamon stick, black cardamom and poppy seeds.
- Add tomato, onion and ginger in the pan, cook it covering the lid.
- Grind all the ingredients when they turns soft.
- Add the grind ingredients in the pan and stir fry for some time.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, magi masala and salt.
- When oil separates from the spices then add water.
- Add capsicum in the pan.
- Simmer it for some time then add fried cottage cheese.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.