Water caltrop which is known as singhara or pani fal in hindi is a triangular fruit often found inside the pond of stagnant water. It is also considered as non grain and can be cooked during fast. I thought to prepare kachori with the flour of this fruit, but this kachori is not similar to regular one, as here I have not fried this kachori, hence it is more healthy than the regular kachories. Let’s see the step by step process to prepare this non fried kachori.
Singhare ke Aata ki Non Fried Kachori (Water Caltrop/Water Chestnut Kachori)
- 1 Cup Water Caltrop/ Water Chestnut flour (Singhare ka atta)
- 2 Piece Boiled potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Clarified butter For multiple use while preparation
- 1 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 tsp Chopped Green chili
- 5 Cubes Paneer Mashed or grated
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- 2 tbsp Chat masala for multiple use
- 2 tbsp Black pepper powder for multiple use
- 2 tbsp Rock Salt Multiple use
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup of water chestnut flour into it.
- Add two pieces of boiled potatoes into it.
- Mash them together.
- Add a pinch of rock salt, chat masala powder and black pepper powder.
- Adding little water mix them well.
- Apply 1 tsp of clarified butter and prepare a dough.
- Dough is ready, put it aside.
- In a wok add all the nuts and roast them by adding 1 tsp of clarified butter.
- When the nuts cools down add them in a grinding jar and make a coarse powder.
- In a pan add 1 tsp of clarified butter.
- Add chopped ginger and chopped green chilies.
- Add mashed or grated cottage cheese (Paneer) and fry them
- Add grind ingredients into the pan and mix them well.
- Add 1 tsp of rock salt, chat masala and black pepper powder into it.
- Mix them well and add chopped coriander leaves into it.
- Mix them well and switch off the flame, filling for the recipe is ready.
- Now divide the dough into equal parts and prepare bowl shape through it, just to place the filling inside it.
- Cover the dumpling and kachori is ready.
- Prepare all the kachori’s similarly.
- Place an appam pan on the flame.
- Places the dumplings into the pan.
- Cook them by turning from all the sides.
- Kachori is ready to be served, enjoy this recipe with chutney’s of various flavors.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.