ater caltrop/ Water Chestnut which is even known as Bat nuts due to its appearance is known as singhara or pani fal in hindi. It is a triangular fruit often found inside the pond of stagnant water, it is also considered as non grain and can be cooked during fast. I thought to prepare Barfi with the flour of this fruit, let’s learn step by step process to prepare this recipe.
Singhare (Water Caltrop) Barfi Recipe
- 1 Cup Singhare ka atta (Water caltrop flour)
- 2 tbsp Clarified butter (Ghee)
- 1 tbsp Chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp Resins
- 1 tbsp Chopped almonds
- 1 Piece Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar As per your taste
- Heat a pan and add clarified butter into it.
- Add water caltrop flour in the pan and keep stirring it unless it turns golden brown.
- Add water and keep stirring the mixture, finally add all the dryfruits, along with cardamom and sugar, stir fry them once again and finally switch off the flame.
- Let the mixture set in a plate.
- With the help of Knife cut them into diamond shapes.
- Barfi is ready to be served.
Shubhra is young blogger, marketing and human resource professional. She loves being healthy and being human. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. Shubhra is social! get in touch with her.